Celebrate National Military Appreciation Month
As designated by Congress, May is National Military Appreciation Month with these national observances:
- Loyalty Day May 1, 2015
- Public Service Recognition Week May 3-9, 2015
- Military Spouse Appreciation Day May 8, 2015
- V-E Day Friday, May 8, 2015
- Armed Forces Day Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Memorial Day May 25, 2015
National Military Appreciation Month honors those on active duty in all branches of the services, the National Guard and Reserves, plus retirees, veterans, and their families. The National Moment of Remembrance encourages all Americans to pause, wherever they are, at 3:00 pm local time on Memorial Day for a minute of silence.
Ways to support our military EVERY month:
- Display the American flag at home or at your business
- Send a care package through the USO
- Salute, shake hands or simply thank military personnel when you see them
- Offer a military discount at your business
- Hire a veteran
The USAA Educational Foundation salutes the men and women of our Armed Forces.