Your personal information is valuable to thieves, so it’s time to strengthen your defenses.
Identity theft is when someone uses your name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit card accounts, or other personal information without permission to open accounts, steal your money or commit fraud in your name for financial gain.
Warning signs of identity theft:
- Missing bills
- Unauthorized accounts on credit reports
- Unfamiliar transactions or charges on your bank or credit card statements
- Unknown inquiries on your credit report
- Unsolicited credit cards or bills
- Credit denial
- Calls from debt collectors
- Unfamiliar transactions on your statements